Everything to Need to Know About The Route From LMIA to Canadian Permanent Residency (PR)

Immigrants can apply for Canadian permanent residency with the route of work permit. Work permit may need LMIA approval or LMIA exempt. To hire a foreigner, we suggest you read up on the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and follow the stipulations found here; LMIA Advertising Requirements, how LMIA looks like, LMIA Requirements, wages, working terms & conditions, and occupations. Whether you need LMIA or exempt LMIA, how to apply for an LMIA, and lastly what are the compliances for LMIA to PR.



There are Three Major Ways to Achieve Work Permit.

  • Federal skilled worker program
  • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  • Provincial Nomination Program

Duty of employer for LMIA: A tedious task for an employer

The LMIA program is administered by Employment & Social Development Canada (ESDC),which is not part of the IRCC and has nothing to do with immigration or work permits. They make sure that, as an employer, you do not bypass Canadians and permanent residents when offering jobs to foreign workers so you can apply for a work permit. It is your responsibility as an employer to prove to ESDC that you are complying with or taking corrective action. So, as an employer, it’s time to explore the LMIA application process and see how you can get all possible confirmations from the authorities after you have received a positive LMIA.


The Canadian LMIA allows you to live and work in Canada for up to four years. Under various conditions, this LMIA can be converted to a permanent residency (PR), which requires employment with a Canadian employer. All employers in Canada must obtain a positive LMIA to hire foreign candidates. The LMIA is issued by Employment and Social Security Canada (ESDC) and prevents any candidate or employee from entering the state without a proper background check. The LMIA must comply with Canada’s employer and worker protection requirements. The LMIA visa allows you to switch to PR after a long stay. It is part of the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Economic Immigration Program. If you achieve 1 year work experience in Canada, applicants become eligible under the CEC category.
We pay great attention to matching your requirements with the right skills.

Get Free Counselling

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.